We all know we’re supposed to eat our vegetables. Our moms beat that into our heads as children, and hopefully as an adult you’re remembering it. But some vegetables are just a bit more interesting than others.
If you’re plugged into the foodie culture at all or if you’ve simply not been living under a rock, you’ll find it hard to deny that we’ve become kale obsessed. This leafly green has turned from a common vegetable into a full blown wonder food! It’s no surprise that, since 2008, Kale has seen a 400% increase on restaurant menus.
With kale being such a hot vegetable we figured why not combine it with cannabis? So here you go! A tasty recipe for cannabis kale chips.
- 1 bunch kale
- 2 tablespoons cannaoil
- ½ fresh lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- large baking sheet
- parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Wash kale and dry very well.
- Line your baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Separate the Kale leaves from stems using a knife or scissors. Tear the kale into 2-3 inch pieces. Throw away or compost the stems.
- Combine the kale and your cannaoil in a large bowl and toss gently. It’t important that that every piece of kale gets thoroughly coated with the oil so take your time.
- Arrange the kale in a single layer on the baking sheet. Try not to have pieces overlap, so if you need to make a few batches, remember that’s ok.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until crisp. Your chips may need another minute or two, but don’t walk away from the oven. Keep a close eye on your chips because as soon as they crisp up they can burn quickly.
- Remove the kale chips from the oven and place them in a serving bowl. You’ll want to do this immediately to prevent them from continuing to cook on the hot sheet.
- Drizzle lemon juice and a little salt and pepper on top.
- Wait until cool before serving.
Remember as with all edibles it’s best to go slowly. While they are delicious, the chips can pack a punch so take it easy. You can always have more.
Keep cooking! Check out our other great recipes: