Did you know that some athletes are turning to marijuana to help train? I mean really? YES! With qualities like pain relief, elevated moods, increased focus and energy, it’s no wonder athletes didn’t think of this sooner!
Of course, they wouldn’t want to mess with their trained cardiovascular system, so the best way to consume weed for athletic purposes is with edibles. We found this amazing recipe for No-Bake Toasted Coconut Energy Bars on Men Journal by Jen Vafidis we thought it looked so good we had to share it!
No-Bake Toasted Coconut Cannabis Energy Bars
- 2 tablespoons of Cannabis Coconut oil
- ¼ cup butter (or coconut butter)
- 2 cups of unsalted cashews
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- Ground cinnamon
- Sea salt
- 2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- A brownie pan
- Parchment paper
- A food processor
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F. Spread 2/3 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut onto a baking sheet, and cook it for 5-6 minutes, until the coconut is golden.
2. Put the coconut aside, and spread 2 cups of unsalted cashews onto the baking sheet. Cook those for another 5-6 minutes, until fragrant.
3. In a food processor, mix the coconut, the cashews, 1 cup of pitted dates, a healthy amount of cinnamon, and a tiny amount of sea salt. Pulse until the mixture is crumb-like.
4. Add ¼ cup of unsalted butter (you can also use coconut butter, if you’re lucky enough to find it) and 2 tablespoons of your Cannabis Coconut oil. Pulse until the mixture starts to clump. If it looks too dry, go ahead and add a little more butter.
5. In a brownie pan (8 by 8 inches should do the trick), dab some oil and lay down a sheet of parchment paper. Make sure the paper sticks to the sides. Then pour out your mixture into the pan, smooth it out, and stick the whole thing in the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
6. Enjoy! Remember, edibles take about 45 minutes to kick in, so wait at least that long before you eat more.
Also, try these Cannabis Protein Balls for another healthy treat with a kick.