Olive oil has a distinctive taste and is high in phenolic antioxidants which are great for your body. All oils have fats, but with olive oil, the main type of fat is monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), which are actually considered a healthy dietary fat. So infusing your olive oil with marijuana is a great way to maintain a healthy diet while consuming your cannabis.
Ingredients and Things You’ll Need
- 6 cups olive oil
- 1 oz of cannabis or 2 oz of shake or trim. If you want something stronger, you can add more marijuana to your oil.
- Grinder or coffee grinder
- Metal strainer or cheesecloth
1) Grind up your cannabis. When grinding a 1/2 oz or more, a coffee grinder is a pretty helpful way to grind it quickly but any grinder will work.
2) Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over low heat.
4) Be patient! You’ll need to simmer your oil on low heat for 45-5o minutes, stirring frequently This lets the THC in your cannabis decarboxylate, or pulls the cannabinoids out of the cannabis and into the oil.
5) Remove the oil from the heat and it cool for at least 40 minutes.
6) Once it has cooled, pour the oil through a metal strainer or cheesecloth to filter out the plant matter.
7) Press a wooden spoon against the remaining cannabis in the strainer or in the cheesecloth. This will help you get all the good stuff out out of your weed. Then, throw away the remaining plant matter.
8) Your canna olive oil is ready to use! Drizzle it over a salad or use it
9) Store it in an airtight container in your refrigerator. Your cannabis olive oil will last up to 2 months.
Remember, when you cook with cannabis, take it slow. Your edibles will be delicious, but they can be strong, so start with a little. You can always have more.
Keep baking! Check these recipes out: