Montana passed laws permitting medical marijuana use way back in 2004, but it currently does not permit recreational use.
Compared to other states, their list of qualifying conditions for a medical marijuana card is rather short, but if you have any of the following conditions, you could qualify for medical marijuana. Personal possession is limited to one ounce, but individuals may cultivate up to four mature plants at once.
Montana’s qualifying conditions include:
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Chronic pain
- Intractable nausea or vomiting
- Epilepsy or an intractable seizure disorder
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Painful peripheral neuropathy
- A central nervous system disorder resulting in chronic, painful spasticity or muscle spasms
Readers who like that also enjoyed: