Pesto is an incredibly versatile sauce. Once you’ve made it, you can easily add spoonfuls of it to hot pasta or steamed vegetables. We like to use it as a spread on sandwiches, bruschetta, or even as a dip for raw veggies. A jar of pesto is a delightful summer treat!
So, we’ve compiled a delicious and simple recipe. As you get started making our Marijuana infused Pot Pesto recipe, remember that pesto is easy to adjust to taste, based on the ingredients you have. Most pesto recipes call for Parmesan cheese, we often use Romano which has a stronger flavor. Basil pesto recipes often call for pine nuts but you can easily substitute walnuts.
Ingredients and Things You’ll Need:
- ½ cup Canna Olive oil
- 1 cup packed chopped raw basil, kale or parsley
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 ½ tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Blender or food processor
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor.
- Slowly mix until the ingredients are blended into a thick paste.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Alteration: If you want to freeze the pesto you make, omit the cheese (it doesn’t freeze well). Line an ice cube tray with plastic wrap, and fill each pocket with the pesto. Freeze and then remove from the ice tray and store in a freezer bag. When you want to use, defrost and add in grated Parmesan or Romano.
Remember, as with all edibles, take it slowly. Edibles effect different people differently, so wait about 45 minutes between servings. You can always consume more.