June 17th is National Apple Strudel Day, sounds good to us! Enjoy a very special version this year made with Cannabutter!
- 2 large Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and sliced 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons cold Cannabutter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons regular butter, melted
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat to 375 degrees F.
Mixed sliced apples with the lemon juice until the apples are thoroughly coated. Add 1/4 cup sugar, and the 2 tablespoons cold cubed Cannabutter and toss well. Set aside.
Dust flour on prep surface. Lay the puff pastry on top and dust the rolling pin with additional flour. Gently roll the puff pastry to 1/8-inch thickness.
Spread the apple mixture over the bottom half of the puff pastry square leaving about 1-inch of space along the side edges. Fold the top half of the puff pastry over and pinch to seal the edges together.
Brush the entire strudel with the melted regular butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Using a serrated knife, make 3 diagonal slits across the top of the strudel.
Place the strudel on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes, rotating halfway through cooking, until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
Enjoy! Remember, edibles take about 45 minutes to kick in, so enjoy a piece, wait and have more if desired.