Who doesn’t love the creamy comfort of mashed potatoes? Homemade mashed potatoes are a crowd-pleasing option for any occasion. This recipe for mashed pot-atoes takes their comfort to a new high by adding in a little extra relaxing comfort from cannabis? Pair them with a delicious steak or even use them in Shepard’s Pie. However you consume them they’re delicious, but use caution they are medicated so exercise your portion control.
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cannabis butter
- Olive oil
- 1 Head of Garlic
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Pepper, salt to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and set a rack in the middle position
- Use your fingers to peel away all the loose, papery, outer layers around the head of garlic. Leave the head itself intact with all the cloves connected
- Cut about 1/4 inch off the top of the head of garlic so that the tops of the garlic cloves are exposed
- Drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil over the exposed surface of the garlic, letting the oil sink down into the cloves.
- Wrap the garlic aluminum foil and roast in the oven for 40-55 minutes.
- The garlic is done when a center clove is completely soft when pierced with a sharp knife. The exact roasting time will depend on the size of your garlic, the variety, and its age. The longer you bake it, the more caramelized flavor you’ll get.
- While the garlic is cooking, cut the peeled potatoes into cubes and boil them in salted water until tender.
- Drain the potatoes and put them in big mixing bowl.
- Add the canna butter, allowing to melt and mix in thoroughly. Then add the sour cream, cheese, roasted garlic, salt and pepper and mash or whip together.