Edibles can be a fun and easy way to get high, but whether you’re a seasoned pro or have never touched weed in your life, there are some important things everyone should remember.
There’s not a lot that’s more delicious than a nice pot brownie, but if you’ve never tried one before you could quickly get yourself in over your head. Edibles are easy to over-consume and can pack a powerful punch. But keeping a few simple guidelines in mind can keep edibles enjoyable instead of exacerbating.
- Knowledge is power. Knowing what you’re consuming, and how much, can prevent you from over consuming. Many edible aren’t sold single dose units, and measuring out the prescribed 10 milligrams can make sure your high is happy and not anxiety ridden. It also helps to know your body; age, gender, and metabolism can all effect how you respond to edibles.
- Take it slow. Edibles can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours to kick in, so don’t eat until you feel it. Slowly up your dosage, and don’t expect that the same amount of marijuana will effect you the same way eating as it does smoking or vaping.
- Be prepared. If you’re planning on consuming edibles, try to eat before hand, especially if you’re also drinking, or taking other medications. Also, remember to label all of your cannabis-infused food; it can be easy to accidentally consume, and can be extremely dangerous, especially if it happens to kids.
- Try something different. Experimenting with different brands and dosages can help get you to the high you want. And don’t expect the same reaction you get when consuming through alternative methods. Edibles can have very different effects than other methods.
- You can get too high. It’s unfortunately all too common when it comes to edibles, but it does happen, and you will be okay. Remain calm, and don’t try to drive anywhere. Check out this article on what to do if you get too high.
Whether you’re making or you’re buying, edibles can be a great way to experiment with cannabis. With just a little bit of awareness, you can ensure a delicious high every time.
Looking to try some edibles? Find local deals here.
Want to make some of your own edibles?